Saturn DigiSizer II
High-Definition Digital Particle Size Analyzer
Particle sizing techniques have advanced significantly throughout the past several decades. One of the most important contributions to this field is the application of laser-based technologies, complemented with the use of modern photo-detectors and digital computers. For some time, progress in laser light scattering technology has led to faster analyses, but the quality of the measurement was limited, often due to inadequacies in the detector.
Recognizing this need for better detection capability, Micromeritics developed the Saturn DigiSizer, an instrument that employed a laser diode and modern charge-coupled device (CCD) detector to significantly improve the sensitivity, resolution, reproducibility, and repeatability of the laser light scattering particle sizing technique.
Sensitivity, High Resolution, Reproducibility, Repeatability
With the Saturn DigiSizer II, Micromeritics has again improved this particle size technique. Utilizing a state-of-the-art CCD detector containing over three million detector elements, Mie theory, and unique design and data reduction features, the Saturn DigiSizer II gives users an extremely high level of resolution and sensitivity not available in other laser particle sizing systems. The level of detail, accuracy, and resolution enables the extraction of all available information from the static light scattering pattern. Users can now measure the same material on multiple instruments located at different locations around the world and get the same, highly detailed size distribution measurement on each instrument. The Saturn DigiSizer II is fully automated and requires little operator intervention.
- Measures both organic and inorganic particles ranging from 40 nanometers to 2.5 millimeters equivalent spherical diameter.
- CCD detector contains over three million detector elements producing extremely high-resolution data.
- Adjustable liquid sample handling unit for automatic sampling, dilution, and dispersion is available in both standard and low-volume configurations.
- One computer can control up to two Saturn DigiSizers each with a liquid sample handling unit.
- Optional MasterTech 052 Autosampler provides unattended analysis of up to 18 samples.
- Fast, detailed results are repeatable on, and reproducible between, every Saturn DigiSizer II.
- User-friendly analysis program includes wizards and intuitive screens and is designed to operate in the Windows® environment
- Superior sensitivity
- Higher resolution
- Superior analysis-to-analysis repeatability
- Greater accuracy
- Better reproducibility
- Exceptional data quality
- Fully automated system
- Versatile sample handling options
- Easy-to-use software
- 21 CFR Part 11 software option
- IQ/OQ validation service option
- No proprietary "black-box" algorithms