ASAP 2020 Plus
Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry System
Sophisted Design, Intuitive Operation, Research-Grade Results
The Micromeritics ASAP 2020 Plus integrates a variety of automated gas sorption techniques into a single, but powerful, table-top instrument. The system is designed to provide high-quality surface area, porosity, chemisorption and physisorption isotherm data to materials analysis laboratories with ever-expanding analytical requirements. The ASAP 2020 Plus provides maximum versatility over a remarkable range of applications to meet your specific needs.
With more installed instruments in more countries for more users, the ASAP family of products have proven to be the instruments of choice worldwide when researchers require precise, high-quality gas adsorption data.
Unique and Innovative Isothermal Jacket Cold Zone Control
Isothermal jackets are guaranteed for the life of the instrument and ensure a constant thermal profile along the full length of both the sample and saturation pressure (P°) tubes.
Advanced Capabilities through Optional Configurations
The ASAP 2020 Plus can be configured to your specific needs with the option of upgrading at a later date as your analytical requirements change, maximizing the utility of this instrument and your investment.
Choose from low surface area, to heated vapor, to micropore capability. Add a cryostat, an external detector, or configure the unit for enhanced chemical resistance when working with aggressive vapors. The ASAP 2020 Plus permits one instrument to accommodate almost any surface characterization need in your lab.
- Two independent vacuum systems permit simultaneous preparation of two samples while analyzing another. This maximizes your personnel productivity and your return on time invested
- Continuous saturation pressure (P°) monitoring and unique Isothermal Jacket Cold Zone Control provide a stable thermal environment for both saturation pressure and adsorption. Spend time on results instead of controlling temperature variations
- The ASAP 2020 Plus is configurable with many optional accessories to meet your specific analytical requirements
ASAP 2020 PLUS PHYSISORPTION
Research grade results in a customer-configurable instrument to meet a wide variety of applications for mesopore, micropore, and low surface area applications
- Programmable two-station degas system for automated SOP sample preparation
- A dedicated P° sensor allows for a faster analysis and provides P° values at the same conditions as the adsorption measurement
- Six analysis gas inlets with dedicated vapor and helium free-space ports provide greater flexibility and automated selection of pretreatment, backfill, and analysis gases
- Proven Isothermal Jacket Cold Zone. Control provides accurate, reproducible temperature maintenance
- Long duration and refillable dewar provides virtually unlimited time-of-analysis capability
- Standard, independent dual vacuum systems (one for analysis, one for sample pretreatment). Also available is an optional, oil-free system
- Proprietary transducer system provides unequalled stability, fast response, and low hysteresis for improved accuracy and signal to noise improvement
- Coated monolithic, temperature-controlled, stainless-steel manifold provides non-contaminating, inert surface areas
MicroActive for ASAP 2020 Plus - Interactive Data Reduction Software
Micromeritics’ innovative MicroActive software allows you to interactively evaluate isotherm data. You can easily include or exclude data, fitting the desired range of experimentally acquired data points using interactive, movable calculation bars. The isotherm can be viewed real-time on either a linear or logarithmic scale, available to you under each calculation model.
- BET Surface Area
- Langmuir Surface Area
- Alpha-S Method
- BJH Adsorption and Desorption
- Dollimore-Heal Adsorption and Desorption
- Temkin and Freundlich
- DFT Pore Size and Surface Energy
- User Defined Reports
- Interaction with adsorption data is direct. By simply moving the calculation bars, the user is immediately updated with new textual properties.
- One-click access to important parameters
- Interactive data manipulation minimizes the use of dialog boxes and tunneling of dialogs to specify calculation parameters
- Improved ability to overlay files (up to 25) including mercury intrusion data with a file add-and-subtract feature and data from competitive instruments
- User-selectable data ranges through the graphic interface allow direct modeling for BET, t-Plot, Langmuir, DFT interpretation, and much more. The MicroActive suite provides an extensive selection of NLDFT models for calculating pore size distributions
- Report Options editor allows the user to define reports with on-screen previews. Each report has the ability to possess one summary, tabular, and graphical information pane
- Powerful Python programming language allows you to develop extensions to the standard report available within the ASAP 2020 Plus MicroActive application
A single-stage cryogenic refrigerator that operates on the Gifford-McMahon refrigeration cycle. It uses helium gas from a helium compressor(s) to offer a wide range of analytical temperatures with milli Kelvin levels of stability