Computrac MAX 4000XL
Loss-on-drying Moisture & Solids Analyzer
The Computrac MAX® 4000XL provides quick, reliable and accurate results. This improves the ability to adjust or monitor processes, ensuring quality products while minimizing waste, energy requirements and man-hours. Ease of use and durability, along with superior service and support make the Computrac® MAX® 4000XL an ideal choice for research, manufacturing and laboratory environments.
Precise, repeatable results powered by a 100 microgram resolution balance.
Made in the USA with an all-steel enclosure, the MAX 4000XL was designed for heavy duty use.
Exclusive rapid-cooling system improves throughput by 25% over other rapid loss on drying instruments.
The MAX 4000XL is robust enough to excel in a wide range of applications, from foods to plastic to paper
|Moisture| Solids Range:||0.005 to 100%|
|Dry Weight Range:||0% to 300%|
|Balance Resolution:||0.0001 g|
|Repeatability:||0.002% SD *dependent on test program|
|Temperature Range:||25°C to 275°C, controlled to ±1°C of set point|
|Heating Element:||Nickel Chromium|
|Sample Size:||100 mg to 40 g|
|Results:||Moisture, Solids, Dry Weight, Purity|
|Ending Criteria:||User adjustable: Prediction, Rate, Time, Time or Rate, Temp then Prediction, Temp then Rate, Temp then Time or Rate|
|Memory:||Stores up to 250 Programs, last 1000 test results and last 100 graphs|
|Statistical Analysis:||Mean, SD, RSD|
|Operating Environment:||0-40 ºC @ 50% humidity; 0-30 ºC @ 80% humidity, non-condensing, non-explosive|
|Rear Panel Connections:||USB A and B, ethernet, serial port|
- Rugged Construction: Equipped with an all-steel enclosure and a durable nickel chromium heating element, the Computrac® MAX® 4000XL is designed to provide lab quality data whether it is in the lab or on the production floor.
- Rapid Cooling System: The built-in lid fan quickly cools the heating chamber to reduce time between tests and increase overall throughput by 25%.
- Versatile: The MAX 4000XL is able to test material up to 100 times faster than standard oven reference methods and is ideal for everything from plastics and pharmaceuticals to foods, chemicals and more.
- Flexible Ending Criteria: User adjustable ending criteria and pass/fail criteria help to optimize test results and performance for your unique application.
- Multistage Testing: Several tests can be linked in order to form a single, multistage test that can change temperatures, ending criteria and times between each test segment. This is especially useful for method development and for measuring both free and bound moisture in products that contain waters of hydration.
- Real-Time Results: The MAX 4000XL offers simple, menu driven operation and a user programmable interface with a keypad and large color display that allows users to view real-time moisture curve and rate of moisture loss graphs during testing.
- Web Server: An optional web server allows users to download calibration reports, view the LCD screen, download the audit log, and upload and download test programs, results and graphs.
- Data Storage: The MAX 4000XL stores up to 250 test programs and retains the last 1000 test results and last 100 test graphs.
ASTM & Regulatory Compliance:
- 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant (optional): Meet regulatory compliance standards for pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- ASTM D6980-12: Standard Test Method for Determination of Moisture in Plastics by Loss in Weight (MAX® 4000XL and MAX® 5000XL)
- ASTM D7232-06: Standard Test Method for Rapid Determination of the Nonvolatile Content of Coatings by Loss in Weight (MAX® 4000XL and MAX® 5000XL)
- ASTM C471M-16: Standard Test Methods for Chemical Analysis of Gypsum and Gypsum Products (Metric)
Extruded cereals / snacks
Pulp & Paper
Free and bound moisture
Anode / cathode powders
Paints & Coatings:
Water based coatings