Gold Film Fence-line Mercury Monitoring System
The Jerome® 451 monitoring system from Arizona Instrument is the tool you need to solve your mercury monitoring problems. Designed to provide long-term monitoring even in rough weather conditions, it can be stationed at any location that requires monitoring. Multiple units can also be linked to form a perimeter monitoring system. Data logging and radio telemetry capabilities make downloading data convenient and easy from a remote PC.
The 451 is designed for set-and-forget mercury vapor monitoring, inside or out.
A detachable hand-held mercury vapor analyzer is contained within the unit for pinpointing a gas source.
Define alarm points that meet your needs and receive email notifications and warnings.
Measurement data is transmitted wirelessly from 451 stations to the user’s PC.
The 451 is housed in a steel casing, insulated, air conditioned and ready for nearly any environment.
|Detection Range:||0.003 mg/m3 to 0.999 mg/m3|
|Accuracy:||±8% at 0.100 mg/m3|
|Sample Intervals:||1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 or 120 minutes|
|Regeneration Intervals:||6, 12, 24 and 48 hours|
|Flow Rate:||750 mL/min|
|Operating Environment:||-40 to +55°C, non-explosive, 0-100% relative humidity|
|Data Storage Capacity:||50,000 readings|
|Power Requirements (651 Unit):||100-120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 7 A or
210-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 4 A
|Case Construction:||Polyester with insulation to reduce heat transfer|
|Battery (631-X Unit):||Rechargeable NiCad
6 hour life, charges in 14 hours
*only applicable when 431-X unit is not attached to 451
|Estimated Sensor Life:||3 to 6 months depending on operating conditions|
|Display:||8 digit alphanumeric LCD|
|Analog:||4-20 mA current loop|
Spectra Radio Modem Specifications:
|Frequency:||2.4 – 2.4835 GHz (2400 MHz)
49 selectable channels
Serial Interface: RS-232
|Power Requirements:||10-30 VDC, 450 mA|
|Operating Temperature:||-40°C to 75°C|
|Range:||Up to 4 miles (6.4 km) “line of sight.”
Longer distances may be obtainable through use of a high gain antenna or by using the optional Radio Repeater
- Gold Film Sensor: Validated in the field and in the lab for over 35 years, our proprietary gold film sensor ensures repeatable results across a wide range of applications.
- Detachable Unit: Quickly and easily sweep an area for mercury hot spots with the detachable, hand-held Jerome 431-X mercury vapor analyzer.
- Perimeter Monitoring: Multiple 451 units can be linked to form a perimeter monitoring system to help locate the source of mercury contamination and ensure safety and compliance.
- Weather Station: The attached weather station monitors outside temperature as well as wind speed and direction for increased accuracy in pinpointing the source of mercury contamination.
- Data Transmission: Advanced data logging and radio telemetry capabilities make downloading data to a remote PC easy and convenient.
- PC Software: Intuitive PC software with user selectable time-weighted average reporting and a site view tab give users a bird’s eye view of the monitoring system as a whole.
- Programmable Alarms: The 451 comes with programmable alarms that automatically send email alerts if your mercury levels rise above your specified upper limit.
- Temperature Controlled Interior: Resistive heating and thermoelectric cooling keep the interior of the 451 at a consistent temperature for increased accuracy.
- Regulatory Compliance: The 451 meets and exceeds OSHA, NIOSH, ACGIH and MSHA action levels, making it ideal for monitoring mercury levels in high-risk areas, such as in industrial hygiene and mining.
Industrial Hygiene & Mining
Monitoring high-risk areas
Ambient Air Analysis