UltraScan VIS Spectrophotometer
THE CIE RANGE COLOR MEASUREMENT SPECTROPHOTOMETER
A host of measurement features and specialized sample-handling devices make UltraScan VIS a highly versatile color measurement spectrophotometer. Because of its exceptional inter-instrument agreement and long-term stability, you can be confident that differences between measurements are due to product color changes, not instrument variability. Materials on the borderline of accepted tolerances will not be unnecessarily rejected.
The UltraScan VIS easily measures both reflected and transmitted color as well as transmission haze and meets CIE, ASTM and USP guidelines for accurate color measurement. UltraScan VIS uses diffuse/8° geometry with automated specular component inclusion/exclusion. For transmission measurement, the use of a robust CIE-conforming sphere instrument (TTRAN Total Transmission mode) effectively negates the effects of minor scattering typically found in transparent samples.
The optical system has an effective bandwidth of 10 nm and spectral data is reported every 10 nm. Tristimulus color calculations are performed from 360 nm to 780 nm as recommended by the CIE. UltraScan VIS includes EasyMatch QC software.
• Measures full CIE recommended spectral wavelength range of 360 nm to 780 nm
• Color measurement of liquids and solids; also transmission haze
• Large transmission compartment open on three sides
• Automatic specular included/excluded port door for multimode measurement
• Two reflectance measurement areas of 25 mm (1.00 inch) and 9.5 mm (0.38 inch)
• Ergonomic sample clamp for supporting a wide range of samples
• Status indicator lights visually indicate selected mode
• EasyMatch® QC Software included with instrument purchase
Underneath its sleek exterior lives a mechanical-optical assembly, ruggedly built in excess of specification on a rigid optical platform, ensuring years of reliable, accurate service.
• Aircraft grade stainless fasteners
• Solid ½” thick optical platform, eliminating flex factor
• Robust electronic subassemblies
The UltraScan® VIS has available sample measurement accessories designed to hold virtually any type of solid or liquid sample for accurate and repeatable measurements.
• Measures opaque, transparent, and translucent samples
• Specular Included and Excluded measurement choices, with multi-mode function allowing simultaneous readings with single sampling
• Industry-leading oversized transmision measurement compartment for both regular and total transmission measurements